Apprenticeship Entry Requirements
We can help you find a job through the network of high-quality salons we work with.
We want you to be absolutely sure that this apprenticeship is the right choice so you will complete a 3-month work trial, on full-time hours, before you are signed up to your apprenticeship. This also avoids your employer putting a lot of time and energy into training someone who is likely to drop out because hairdressing is not for them.
During the 3-month trial you will:
- establish work routines
- experience the physical demands of being on your feet all day
- develop employability skills such as following instructions and solving problems
- learn basic hairdressing skills
- use English and maths skills in everyday work activities
- build relationships with your employer and work colleagues
During these 3 months, you will keep a diary (supplied by us) to record what you are learning, the challenges you have faced and of course, your many successes. Your diary will help demonstrate to your employer that you have the right attitude and level of commitment to be a good hairdressing apprentice.
If, at the 3-month point, or at any point leading up to this, you decide that this isn't for you, we can help you to transfer to a different career.
As a Hairdressing Apprentice you will spend a lot of time on your feet, and it is important that you look smart. Good communication plays a role too - you will need to understand exactly what your customer wants in order to make them happy. Apprentices in these areas will work closely with clients and will need the ability to put them at ease, and generally be personable and pleasant.
Application form followed by individual interview and a Skills Check to assess your English and maths skills. We will also assess your prior learning in hairdressing against the apprenticehip Standard (including consideration of previous qualifications, apprenticeships and work experience).
You must be 16 or over, eligible to work in England and not in full-time education. Ideally, you will have passed GCSE (or equivalent) English and maths with a grade A*- D or 9 - 4.
- a keen eye for detail
- good eye-hand co-ordination
- excellent people skills, with an ability to listen and follow instructions
- no skin allergies (ideally)
- stamina to stand on your feet for long periods of time
- punctuality and reliability
- the ability to work under pressure and handle difficult clients
Please find some CV hints and tips from our own Partner Salons - this is what they are looking for!